Monday, August 25, 2008

Sweatin' It Out


Saturday morning our air conditioning stopped working. Kaput. Nada. Talk about blowing hot air! Most of the day Saturday was fine as our house held in the cool air pretty good. I was grateful for the good insulation we have. But by the night time it was uncomfortably hot. I kept waking up in the night with sweat dripping off my face. So when we woke up at 6:45 am on Sunday morning and it was already 88 degrees in our house, I packed the kids up and took them out to my parent's house. Steve opted to stay home... the heat doesn't seem to bother him as much as it does me. We came back in time to go to church, after which we headed to Steve's mom's house for dinner and a sleep over. Then we were up by 5 am to get back to our house so Steve could catch the bus to work. And it is still hot in here. In fact, it is cooler OUTSIDE right now than it is in here. Patch opened a granola bar for breakfast and said, "This is too melt-y." {Yikes, I hope I don't lose too much food from the pantry!} The fix-it people are supposed to call today to arrange an appointment. Hopefully that means they can arrange the appointment for today and not several days down the road. I would really prefer not to be sweating and driving back and forth from Gilbert/Chandler for that many days. But I will try to be patient and flexible. And think cool thoughts... ice cubes, winter, swimming pools, ice cream, slurpees, the North Pole {yeah, I am desperate}...

Scripture of the Day: D&C 5:24

Update: The fix-it guy came and diagnosed the problem as being low on freon. $119, 2 pounds of freon, and 45 minutes later the thermostat is already below 90 degrees. Looks like I will be able to sleep comfortably in my own sweet beddy-by again tonight! Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. We have had problems with our AC for most of the summer. I hope you are able to get yours fixed much more quickly than we did. Especially considering the fact that you live in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that counts as a miracle! I never get out of a fix-it call without spending at least $300! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!