Monday, August 18, 2008

I Win Again!

I need to go out and buy a lottery ticket or something because today I won another book on The Well-Rounded Woman (thanks Tara :-)! This time the book is The One-Armed Cook, a recipe book written by Cynthia Stevens Graubart and Catherine Fliegel. I am really looking forward to reading through it and finding new recipes/kitchen helps.


By the way, yesterday I finished reading Freshman for President, the first book I won (see this post from a few weeks ago). And I have to say it was a fun read! What I really liked was that the author (Ally Condie) used bulleted lists, blog entries, text messages, and other unusual methods of progressing the story line. It made the read go faster and it seemed funner to read. This would be a great book for young teens--the story line is clean and solid (although there are some serious issues involved). Since it is an election year, Freshman for President would make a fun fall read for any family. The book even has a website set up for teenagers to vote for their pick in the election (see link for book above).

Yea for me!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the winning streak! That's awesome.

    As for your nephew, I don't really know much about student housing (I live on the opposite side of town). However, I was on the Logan Institute website today and I think there was a section that talked about finding housing. Maybe he should check there and see if he can find anything?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!