Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Crazy Day

Yesterday was a crazy day--I am so glad today is a new day! Steve had to have oral surgery yesterday in preparation for getting an implant. I drove him to his appointment in Tempe then came home to get Sweetie Peach lunch and off to Kindergarten. The back to Tempe to pick up Steve. He wasn't quite ready yet, so I got to read both an entire Time Magazine and Cooking Light before he came out. On the drive home he was bleeding a lot and in a lot of pain, but we got him home okay.

I knew he would need a lot of peace and quiet afterward so I arranged not to take the kids home right after school. The plan was to go visit my parents, but we needed to stay in the neighborhood long enough for Kitty and Patch to have their piano lessons and for me to attend a meeting at the school. Thanks to Amazing Becky for helping pull that feat off!

After my meeting I had 20 minutes before piano lessons were done, so I went home to check on Steve. He was slowly improving, but still in bad shape. I called the dentist to see if this was how a typical recovery goes and got some advice. There was really nothing more I could do for him except keep the kids away. I was worried and didn't want to leave him there alone, but he sent me off. In fact, I gave him a pad of paper and a pen to have him write down anything he needed and all he wrote down was that the water softener was out of salt pellets and I needed to go buy 5 bags.

So I picked up the kids and we went out to my parents' house. Kitty and Patch did their homework. I made some tostadas for dinner. Then they swam while I ran to Lowe's to get the salt. Then at about 8 pm I headed home with the kids, who were given strict instructions not to try and talk to their Dad too much. We found him more improved when we got home (due to this week's Year of Miracles, which I will write about in a later post), so my worry started to subside. I got the kids to bed and took care of a few things for Steve and around the house before hitting the hay myself.

Today should be better, thank heaven!

Scripture of the Day: 3 Nephi 14:12

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a crazy day! I hope today is much more calm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was definitely a crazy day. You need a nice bubble bath to relax after the kiddos are sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to busy though right?! Tell Steve I hope he is feeling well, that is never fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!