Thursday, October 9, 2008

October Break, Patch's Brithday Prep, and Other Miscellaneous Stuff


The kiddos are out of school today and tomorrow for October break. Yesterday was only a half day of school as well. They get very excited for these days off, but then by 8 a.m. complain to me that they are bored! Reminds me of when I was their age, complaining to my mom, "I'm bored of it." She'd always say, "Bored of what?" and I would be annoyed :-).

If I did not have some computer work to do I would plan more outings and activities for them... that is the down part of having to hold down a job. But in this day and age having a job is a huge blessing! We will head out to Costco today to buy treats for Patch's birthday, which is on Saturday. He is having a movie party, so we will buy things for a fake concession stand. He is excited to have a shopping trip to buy junk food legitimately.

Getting back to the subject of work, remember I gave a few bids a few weeks ago on some focus group projects? Well, one came through this week. Yeah for me! The money earned from this project will be my Christmas budget money, so I am really grateful for this well-timed blessing.

The ad agency got approval from their client and they called to let me know. I will have to find some North Scottsdale/Phoenix/Paradise Valley residents to attend the brainstorm session (which pays $65 for 90 minutes). Let me know if you know someone who might be willing to participate. The topic of the brainstorm session is shopping.

In other news, I have got to get decorated for Halloween. I started out with an idea last week. The idea required the use of candy corns. So I bought the candy corns but never quite got around to the decorating. Instead I kept munching on the candy corns. I finally had to put them all in a baggie and had my husband take them to work. I just can't be trusted around candy corns!

Speaking of Halloween, check out this fun pumpkin-themed family night I found on The Homespun Heart. It goes perfectly with the monthly theme, so I think I will be duplicating it for my family.

Well, I guess that is enough rambling for today. I hope your Thursday morning is going well!

Scripture of the Day: Proverbs 25:13

1 comment:

  1. I love candy corn too. Did you know you can buy candy corn ice cream? Pumpkin too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!