Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Craft


Yesterday I made these cute pumpkins to place on my entry hall table as Halloween decorations. The inspiration came from a photo I saw on someone else's blog yesterday, and now I can't find it. Nonetheless, I thought they turned out pretty darned cute, and they were so easy to make. My kind of craft project: easy, fast, little to no mess, and even fun. All that was required to make these was some ribbon and a hot glue gun.

Oh, and by the way, last night for FHE my husband read a story in the Friend that was about the Law of the Harvest--just another teaching tool for this month's theme. It was titled "My Brother and the Puppy," from an interview with Elder Keith R. Edwards, in the September issue.

Scripture of the Day: Revelations 14:18-19

5 comments:

  1. thank you so much for this reference-- I have to teach a fireside in two weeks on the law of the harvest and I have really been struggling with the topic. Anything that helps my brain look at things in a new way is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pumpkins!! Are they real or reusable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are real--and reusable in the sense that I will have the kids carve them on Halloween and then Steve will make pumpkin pie out of them the next day (or at least mushed pumpkin for the freezer to use for pies).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very cute. How "Martha Stewart" of you. I have always been amazed by your creative genius.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!