Sunday, October 19, 2008

Year of Miracles #26

I wish I had a photo to share of this one, but I did not have my camera on hand -- and it was dark to boot. This evening we received a phone call from my parents. They are on their way home from Colorado, but were not going to arrive until late in the night. My mom was worried about her dogs, who had not been fed since the morning and wondered if we would go out to feed them. Since we were headed to an eagle court of honor out that direction I said no problem. Besides, I felt bad for them. That 15 hour drive is a killer to do in one day. Anything I could do to help ease her burden would be worthwhile.

Well, we left to go to the court of honor. Of course, Steve was driving and since it was Sunday I did not see a reason to bring my purse. Until we were 10 miles away from home, that is. I then realized I did not have the keys to get into my parents' house! Yikes! I decided I would exercise my faith that we would find some way to get in: maybe the neighbor would have a key; maybe a window would be open; you know what I mean. The Lord would help find a way.

So after the court of honor we head over to my parents' house and of course it is all locked up and there seems to be no way in... until I spied the doggie door! Sweetie Peach was too nervous to try getting in by herself that way. And she didn't want to get her church dress dirty. So then I begged Kitty.

"Please! The dogs are starving! Look {pointing through the doggie door}, you can see their food bowl in there is empty."

After a minute or two of skepticism she agrees to try, and sure enough she was able to get right in and then open the back door for us. And then we were able to feed the dogs.

It was just like the saying: "When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a doggie door."

Scripture of the Day: Alma 17:13

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee! I've never quite heard that version of that quote before! Glad it worked, though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!