Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BOM Study with Toddlers


My 50th Scripture Tip!

I recently discovered a handy tool for studying the Book of Mormon Storied Scriptures with toddlers. Written by Becky Riding, the plan is to focus on one story per week. Riding writes this in her introduction:

"There are 104 Storied Scripture selections for the Book of Mormon. That means that doing one selection a week will take 2 years for the complete program. This is a perfect introduction to the Book of Mormon for young children, and preparation for a more in-depth study later on for 4-7 year-olds. I’ve separated the reading into 13 week units. "

Her strategy is to use the same story all week long. The story is repeated daily and supplemented with additional activities such as coloring, pantomiming, and asking questions. I love the repetition of the story and the activities planned; they are great strategies for helping toddlers learn. One drawback is that there suggested coloring pages, but no links to any.

Scripture of the Day: 2 Peter 1:5

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna pass this tip along to my friends and family with toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredible! Too late for all of mine but I just might have another in my elderly state just so I can do this with her (no more hims allowed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to take a look. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Becky, do you have any promotional materials for your book(s)? I am going to have a little gathering after my book signing and I am going to have a share table. I will display your book but I thought if you had any bookmarks or anything that people can take home with them that I could put out on the table, that would be lovely. Thanks! Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!