Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's for Dinner? Tuna Pasta Salad


A month or so ago I saw a You Tube recipe for tuna pasta salad. Ever since I have been wanting to make some, but put it off until today. I loaded mine with veggies to help make it a bit more healthy.

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
1 6 oz. can of tuna, drained
1/3 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup frozen broccoli
1/3 cup carrots, diced
1/3 cup celery, diced
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup light Miracle Whip
1 T. fat free sour cream
2 packets sweetener
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Chill for a few hours. Serve on a bed of lettuce if desired. Also works great as a side dish. Makes 4 (1 cup) servings at 3 Weight Watcher's points apiece.

Scripture of the Day: Joshua 22:5

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man, it looks so delish! I will have to make it for Valentines day dinner since that is the next time I am not off wheat for a while. I have to have my cream puffs, you know? And, no, I am not all caught up on my blog post reading--I just decided to go from newest to oldest for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds not only good, but healthy! I'm going to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!