Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Healthy Recipes Update


You may recall last week I tagged several good friends to provide me with some new healthy recipes I could use to get me off of my weight loss plateau. Many have pulled through already (thanks!) and I thought I would share the bounty.

Misi posted a meatless taco recipe

Jamie's recipe was for coleslaw chili

Amalgam's recipe is Soy Sauce Chicken (click and scroll down)

Amazing Becky showed what she ate for breakfast and lunch (pics look very yummy)

Be sure to check these out and leave them some love :).

I also saw this recipe on Hungry Girl recently, which I am going to give a try. It is a healthy knock off recipe for Taco Bell's Crunchwrap. Looks tasty!

Also, if you have not heard yet about Kara's new blog Hey Good Lookin', Whatcha Got Cookin'? I recommend you jump on over for a look-see. I took several cooking lessons from her a few years back and she is the healthiest chef I have ever seen cook. What's more, her concoctions taste great! She is especially good at using a variety of grains.

Scripture of the Day: D&C 75:5

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Thanks for the recipes. They all sounded great, but I think we will try the soy sauce chicken first. It just sounds like something my husband would love. Thanks for posting them. Also about your daughter's name that is the same as my daughter, I have always loved that name, (and that spelling) but I did have to get over the fact that my husband wanted to name her that after a girl he had a crush on in high school and college (same girl). I think I was pretty nice to go along with that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look good! I am always looking for some good healthy recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!