Thursday, January 8, 2009

Confessions of a Sick Person

I have felt under the weather today. Specifically a sore throat, tired, and very groggy. Like my brain does not want to turn on. As a result I spent too much time on the couch resting and watching television. I am ashamed to admit to how much television I watched today. And that I got nothing worthwhile done whatsoever. Unless you count putting frozen pot pies in the oven for my family to eat for dinner.

Here are the top 10 shows I watched today:

1. The Office - A funny episode about Dwight tricking Angela into marrying him.
2. Oprah - Suze Orman says we should have an 8 month emergency fund. 8 MONTHS! Crazy, huh?
3. Kath & Kim - The coffins were funny. And the puppies were born on white carpet.
4. The Doctors - A pain free root canal can now be done with lasers. They did not give the cost. I would bet it is very expensive.
5. Extra - Kinda tired of the whole Travolta funeral coverage, to be honest
6. Rachel Ray (last 20 minutes only) - She cooked a fish dish. With fennel.
7. Today Show (first 20 minutes only) - More on Travolta and Burris
8. Earl - My husband loved the turtles part. We have three turtles in our pond.
9. Millionaire - A lady lost when she guessed the PGA tournament was held in Hilton Head. It's not.
10. Evening news - Arizona is one of the top 10 states for teen pregnancies. Apparently we need more sex ed here.

I think I will skip ER tonight and go to bed. Let me know what it was about...

Scripture of the Day: Matt. 6:1

4 comments:

  1. there are no shame rules on a sick day. Rest up, get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch ER...no cable but I'll still comment anyway!

    I think we all need to have a sick/lay on the couch day.

    Hope you feel better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is wonderful you got to watch TV all day guilt free! I love days like that. They just don't come around very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sorry to hear you are under the weather. i taped ER last night so i could watch it tonight. i'll let you know what happened. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!